Outro

Dear Students,
Some of you may have kept my wordy introduction from the first day of class and I ask that you keep it with you for future reference.

Final words to the wise:
Be aware that when you aren't saying that you're not good enough, someone else will be - whether it be family, friends or professionals. So stay mindful yet not too prideful.
When you hit a mental block just pause and reassess.
Be your own worst critic so you are prepared for certain adversity.

Your energy and wide (yet exhausted) eyes snapped me out of my self denial. Thus, let it be known that no matter how your life evolves, you have the potential to wake others up and make them appreciate art, passion and success no matter the definitions. Today I am sad to say good-bye but thankful and proud.

Recommended reading: Art & Fear: Observations On the Perils (and Rewards) of Artmaking, by David Bayles and Ted Orland, and Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell.